Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New Challenges: Trans Rockies

Well, I've done it. I'm officially registered for Trans Rockies. If you're not familiar with it, it is an epic seven day mountain bike stage race in the Canadian Rockies (www.transrockies.com). A typical day is 100k plus and five or more hours in the saddle. Why the hell would I want to do this considering I haven't raced a mountain bike in years? Well, why not. It gives me an excuse to get back to the dirt and put on mega miles all the while continuing to race in preparation for what surely will be my hardest physical challenge ever. Should be fun or at the very least an adventure.

Happy riding, rich

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rich,It sure sounds like your going to have fun while taking a beating. What's the cost for this whole trip? Rick